posted on Jan 29, 2020
- People living with schizophrenia are four times more likely to be victims of violent crimes.
- Schizophrenia affects one in one hundred people of all races, cultures, socio-economic groups and occurs equally in men and women.
- People living with schizophrenia have a 20 percent shorter lifespan.
- Those affected by schizophrenia often report hostility, fearful attitudes, stereotypes, and insensitivity from others that they experience are projected towards them.
- Many young people living with schizophrenia are forced to discontinue their education.
- 15 percent of people living with schizophrenia who are employed in Canada are paid less and hold fewer full-time positions.